BIO: Charity Umana
Charity Umana is both an African indigenous massage therapist and a licensed professional massage therapist with over 22years of experience who grew up in Africa learning the trade from childhood from her paternal grandmother.
She is an energetic young and vibrant woman with good humour who has great passion for the job and derives happiness in giving her clients the best and professional massage therapy in a relaxed and calm environment.
Her hobbies are: travelling, reading, jogging, quiet moment with God, watching news, alternative medicine practices, etc.
INTRODUCTION: Massage as a complementary and alternative medicine, which is used to treat various types of ailments, injuries and body pains has been part and parcel of the way of life of the African people.
Over the years, these massage styles and techniques including it’s health benefits have struggled to expand globally due to many factors, which includes: lack of written literature, massage and fitness training institutions, scientific research,
validation and documentation, and the assumed negative image (disease, poverty, wars etc.) attached by the outside world to Africa. Thus, making these practices wholely anecdoctal.
That-not-withstanding, the African approach is essentially attractive with great health benefits and a perfect way to release body tension and relax naturally
Before booking for a massage, the following questions should be asked and given appropriate answers by the client to help us decide on the type of massage therapy needed.
Firsly, is the massage needed for relaxation and stress control, or, is it needed for a symptom relief to help with certain health conditions/injuries?
Answers to these questions and many more will assist the massage therapist on deciding on the technique and style of massage therapy needed by the client.
Also, depending on the client age, health condition, or any special need, we will customize the massage therapy to suit your purpose and condition.
You may prefer to completely disrobe or remain partially clothed during massage sessions. The therapist will only uncover the areas that need concentration.
Alternatively, the client may prefer to undress to his/her test. Dispossable underwears may be offered to avoid oil stains, of which, the client may choose to accept or decline based on personal choice.
Regular massage session provides the following health benefits.
1. Stress reduction
2. Boosting of immune system function
3. Improves digestion
4. Reduces anxiety and depression
5. Enhances mental alertness; cognition, and learning in children.
6. Reduces nerve pain syndrome
7. Increases blood and lymph circulation
8. Reduces premenstrual syndrome
9. Improves sexual habit and promote better pregnancy and ease during delivery
10. Improves better milk production and easier breast feeding
11. Reduces muscular pains and spasms
12. Although it is a complimentary medical solution, cellulite massage helps disperse fat cells and spread them evenly beneath the skin.
13. It improves sleep and relaxation.
14. It relieves headache
15. Stimulates motor development in children as they grow